The Master Class is a face to face workshop that helps graduates to gain knowledge and experience through our firm. Participants complete a tax return and BAS while working through real client issues.
What we cover
- Software (Xero, MYOB)
- Conducting a client interview – what to say and what not to say
- Preparing an ‘I’ return – with particular attention to trouble spots
- Rental property tips and target areas including deductions that are now limited and what the ATO is targeting
- Legally maximising deductions – what clients can claim & when you are pushing the boundaries
- Travel expenses – when you can use the Commissioner’s daily rates
- Claiming car expenses
- Proposed self-education deduction amendments
- Home office deduction changes
- When can an allowance be claimed as a deduction?
- Recognising and managing ATO target areas